I did an interview with Sarah Holman for the great Homeschooledauthors.com. You can check out the interview here. Have a great Monday!
Happy new year! 2015 was a big year for my writing. Here’s the highlights:
- I self-published my first book ever, Reveille.
- I wrote the first draft of Retreat, the second book in the Boy Buglers series.
- Completed and submitted a story titled, An Unlikely Princess, to the Five Magic Spindles Contest put on by Rooglewood press.
- Started this blog.
- Won NaNoWriMo 2015
- Reached about 38,000 words in my dystopian, NaNo novel, Stronger than the Sword
Here are some goals for 2016:
- Win the Five Magic Spindles contest, or if I lose, rewrite the story and self-publish it myself.
- Submit a piece and win the Call to Pens contest, sponsored by Patrick Henry College.
- Finish the rough draft of Stronger than the Sword.
- At least get started on the third book in the Boy Buglers series, titled Charge or Tattoo. (Though I may change the title. Originally, Retreat was titled Call to the Colors)
- Not 100% sure I can accomplish this, as I want to edit and perfect the book, but it would be great to self-publish Retreat.
- Improve my craft.
- Submit another piece to a Rooglewood contest if they have it again this year. (If the theme story is Rapunzel, I already have a great story idea)
Wow, I’m already a little bit overwhelmed at my list but hopefully with the Lord’s help, I’ll at least be able to accomplish the majority of my plans. I would love to hear about your goals for writing in this next year, 2016.
But, whatever you do, remember to write for His glory!